top of page


Residents of Haddon Township can apply online for Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards and Permits to Purchase a Handgun through the State of New Jersey Firearms Reporting System (FARS) Website.

These applications include initial firearms purchaser identification cards, duplicate firearms purchaser IDs (lost, stolen, damaged, or legal changes in personal information), or Permits to Purchase a Handgun. You will need this unique Haddon Township Police Department

For the application, you will need this unique Haddon Township Police Department ORI number: NJ0041600.


New Jersey firearms purchaser IDs and permits can only be submitted electronically through NJ FARS system. There is no longer an option to receive a printed firearm purchaser IDs or handgun purchaser permits.


Previously issued yellow Firearms Purchaser Identification Cards are still valid and do not have to be replaced.

Once you are approved for an online firearms purchaser ID (E-FID), you will be emailed a link and access key to download, save and print it. 

If you apply for and are approved for a handgun purchaser permit (E-PERMIT) you will receive an email informing you that you have been approved, however the you won't be send a downloadable E-PERMIT.  The E-PERMIT will simply be valid within the NJ State Police FARS website database to be accessed by a NJ Licensed Firearms Dealer at your time of purchase.

Additional Requirements & Forms:


Applicants will need to submit the contact info for two reputable references who  reside in New Jersey. Make sure you have accurate contact information for your references. They will be emailed a 10-question survey from the NJ State Police that they will need to respond to in a timely manner.


First time applicants and applicants applying due to a change of sex will be required to be fingerprinted within 90 days of submitting an application. Make an appointment here after you submit your application. 

Consent for Mental Health Records Search

If you have resided outside of New Jersey in the past 10 years, you will need tp complete a Consent for Mental Health Records Search (SP-66) form found here.

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please call (856) 833-6212 and leave your name and phone number. 

bottom of page